I’m starting to think that reading my class mate’s blog, Half Crazy, is making me half crazy too! I have decided that I am signing up to run the Rock-N-Roll 1/2 Marathon in Philadelphia, PA.
Now, for the record, I have never ran a marathon, 1/2 marathon, 10K, 5K, or even a Turkey Trot in my entire life. I don’t even think I finished that President’s Fitness Run we had to do in gym class. So why on earth am I going to attempt to run 13.1 miles through the city of brotherly love?
- Training for this 1/2 marathon will keep me on track with my exercise and (hopefully) weight loss goals
- According to the map on their website, the finish line might be the Philadelphia Museum of Art, so if I have ANY energy left at the end of 13.1miles, I can do a celebratory ‘Rocky climb”
- Two Words – Bret Michaels – Bret is the official 2011 Post-Race Concert Headliner. I adore Bret, his music, his reality shows, his support for the troops and his fight against diabetes. Even though I have front row tickets to see him next week, I feel like seeing him after completing 13 miles would be so much more rewarding!
- Training will give me more stats on my Nike+ which I am totally obsessed with. I have to figure out a way to get them posted some where on my blog for all of you to see.
- Participating in a race was on my 2011 To Do list. I was leaning more towards a Turkey Trot when I wrote it but, things change and you’ve gotta roll with it.
- BECAUSE I CAN! I have a strong heart, two healthy lungs, and a pair of feet that can take me where I want to go. I’ve sat on my couch watching other people for far too long. I don’t want to let my body go to waste.
If anyone is interested in participating with me, let me know!
- Jessica meets Bret Michaels! (popcultuniv.wordpress.com) – (It isn’t just me! Everyone gets excited to me Bret Michaels!)
- BRET MICHAELS Joins Forces With Competitor Group For Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon Series Events (bravewords.com)