I was home sick the earlier part of this week, when my head and stomach finally stopped spinning, I took advantage of my time away from the office and finished reading another book on my long list of books to read, “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children”
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children is an interesting story in deed. It is the story of a young man named Jacob who grew up listening to his grandfather’s stories of growing up in an orphanage on a island off the coast of Wales. Grandpa Portman would tell stories of gifted children who were “peculiar”. Jacob thinks these are all fairytales that Grandpa Portman made up however, when a tradgedy shakes up the family, Jacob decides to go on a quest to find out about his roots and these peculiar people his grandpa grew up with.
What drew me to the book was the fact that is is actually full of old photographs which enhance the story. According to author Randsom Riggs, All the pictures in the book are “authentic, vintage, found photographs….they are unaltered.” They are really amazing photos that add an extra demention to the story.
Like the Hunger Games series which is also on Souzapalooza’s to read list (I’ve just got the third book in the mail this week – give me a day or two), this is another book in the works for become a feature film. Word has it that Tim Burton is being courted to take the director’s seat. Somehow, I think it would be a perfect match.
- Tim Burton Up For ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children’ (screenrant.com)
- Read My List (thesouzapaloozablog.com)
- eCards for the Most Peculiar Valentines (omnivoracious.com)
- Book Review: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (ravereader.wordpress.com)
- eBay: “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children” vintage cover photo (boingboing.net)